About the role:
The Own Brand Sourcing Manager will be accountable for delivering commercial targets for a group of Own Brand products. You will be working with the Category teams using customer insights to establish and implement an Own Brand plan that will improve customer product choice and quality, as well as maximising sales of Own Brand. You will also be responsible for supporting the advancement of the Own brand product team and the development of the own brands range in to high performing portfolio of brands with very strong customer loyalty and advocacy.
You will be responsible for:
- Accountable for the achievement of the Own Brand Participation targets
- Achieve Brand market recognition and advocacy
- Driving innovation across the Own Brand category to ensure the delivery of new product development, through working with the Category teams and using customer insights to identify new commercial opportunities for own brand development
- Responsible for the ‘end to end’ development, sourcing & delivery of new and existing own brand products
- Establishing and implementing clear guidelines in relation to the ‘Brand proposition’, including pricing and quality strategy. This role will be the guardian of the Own Brand customer proposition.
- Partnering a customer group and Business Director to ensure alignment between the own brand team and the priorities of the customer group
- Monitoring of, and reporting upon, the performance for a group of Own Brand products and, with the Category teams, agree commercial decisions to address any potential performance issues of product lines
- In conjunction with the Marketing Team, the role is responsible for the marketing strategy for a group of Own Brand products, including the development and execution of marketing plans.
- Accountable for all packaging design supported by marketing and agency support
- Responsible for ensuring own brand share in customer and category plans conjunction with the Category Manager and the Own Brand Planner
- Working with key internal functions the role is responsible for the effective delivery of new product launches to the agreed timescales to maximise impact on the market, returns for the business and long-term profitability
- Effective engagement with key internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver targets and plans. These include: Suppliers; Category Teams; Marketing; QA/QC; Legal; Branch Operations; Sales Team
- Understating of, and gaining feedback relating to, the performance of products in the market, including Wolseley Own Brand and competitor products
- Driving a development culture throughout the own brand team and leading a culture of continuous improvement
What we are looking for:
- Experience of product sourcing from the UK/EU and ideally offshore sourcing, including ‘end to end’ product cost negotiations, a passion for this part of the role
- Experience or understanding of buying and working with product ranges
- getting information form Category teams
- Ability to manage, collaborate and encourage a small team
- Experience of working with 3rd party sourcing and service companies e.g. packaging and product sourcing agents
- Experience of developing Own Brand plans and successfully implementing these is advantageous
- Team player, motivated and personable
- Project Management skills – able to demonstrate implementation and execution skills, as well as establishing initial plans
- Supply chain and supplier knowledge, preferably in the Far East
- Ability to use customer insights and translate into product opportunities
- Able to influence key internal and external parties and execute plans through a network of stakeholders
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- Pension plan
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service
- Staff discounts on hundreds of retailers
Wolseley UK is the country’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant and we aim to be the first choice specialist merchant for trade customers.
We supply 180,000 different products to over 100,000 customers every year. Join us and you’ll be part of a team that gets the right products to customers at the right price, in the right place, and at the right time. You’ll also enjoy extensive training and an award-winning pension and great rewards package. And, as part of the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products, you’ll have access to a wide variety of career opportunities.