About the role
We are looking for a Finance Business Support Analyst to join on a 15 Month FTC based in our Warwick office.
The main purpose of this role is support Wolseley UK deliver profitable growth by administering the work routines and procedures for the Contract Support Team.
They will identify, analyse and fix margin weaknesses through providing robust information for all stakeholders and work closely with category management to ensure all margin opportunities are realised.
You will be responsible for
- Administration of exception reports, that show low margin sales transactions
- Accurate set up and amendments of contract claims
- Identifying, investigating and challenging low margin transactions within Wolseley UK
- Ensuring all supplier expired contracts which are resulting in low or loss margin are addressed by the branch and account owner
- Act as a conduit between trading support, category management and the WUK business
- Ensure clarity of ownership for expired contacts for either the renewal or terms amendment
- Ensure that complex contract claims are profitable, remove complexity and correct as required
- Propose parameter changes where relevant and monitor the impact of the change.
- Monitor margins following a supplier price increase or restructure or project and propose any action necessary
- Measure and report business benefit(s) from margin improvement activities
- Checking integrity and making any necessary amendment to Credit Notes
- Experience in a previous administration or analyst role
- Attention to detail, confident, organised and self-motivated
- A good problem solver, analytically minded, tenacious who is process-orientated and has strong commercial acumen
- Excel knowledge – Vlook Ups preferrable
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- Pension plan
- Holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- Staff discounts on hundreds of retailers
Wolseley UK is the country’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant and we aim to be the first-choice specialist merchant for trade customers.
We supply 180,000 different products to over 100,000 customers every year. Join us and you’ll be part of a team that gets the right products to customers at the right price, in the right place, and at the right time. You’ll also enjoy extensive training and an award-winning pension and great rewards package. And, as part of the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products, you’ll have access to a wide variety of career opportunities.