About the Role:
Wolseley UK are recruiting for a hard-working and resilient individual to join us at our Warwick office as a Category Manager. This role could be suited to a graduate or someone with a years’ experience in a similar role.
You will be accountable for the all KPIs and targets for valve/ pipe support systems category valued at £60m. This will be achieved through devising and implementing a Category plan, detailing strategy and tactics to deliver targeted KPI’s across all WUK channels. Disciplined and proactive management of the supplier base and a clear appreciation of the customer needs, as well as competitor and market performance.
- Devising, implementing and monitoring a robust and detailed tactical plan to deliver the Category strategies and financial targets. Working cross-functionally with other internal stakeholders to ensure delivery and implementation of the Category plan.
- Working cross-functionally with Sales, Supply Chain & Operations teams to implement Category strategies and tactics.
- Either leading or supporting on negotiations with Senior or Category Directors.
- Optimisation of Category performance through the robust rationalisation of suppliers and products.
- Accountability for assuring that all products meet all statutory, quality and legal standards.
- Accountable for delivering the pricing index for the Categories, as well as being accountable for trade and shelf price
- Working with the Merchandising team to develop and implement Category merchandising plans for both core range and promotions.
What we are looking for:
- Strategical thinker
- Customer and market focus
- An influential individual able to build relationships with key stakeholders at a range of different levels inside and outside the organisation
- Flexibility & robustness to overcome challenges and to work in a fluid environment
- Product Knowledge and Expertise (Market, Competitor, Customer and Consumer) would be advantageous
- Category experience would be advantageous
About your development and benefits:
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- Pension plan
- Holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- Staff discount
- Company car
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. We build our businesses through the quality of our people – the excellent service they provide and their strong relationships with vendor and customers.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Closing Date: 24/01/2019