Location: Royal Leamington Spa
Other information: 40 hour week
Reference #: 126741
About the role:
As part of a multi-million pound digital expansion, Wolseley UK are a FTSE100 business who are looking to build out its digital team with their first key appointment - the Senior Front End Developer. He/she will oversee and deliver a range of digital products and services, from marketing communications through to microsites and blogs.
This exciting role would ideally suit a mid-to-senior weight developer who is looking to move up to the next level , take ownership of the stack, and be at the centre of a major “culture shift” as the organisation embraces digital and looks forward to a period of significant growth.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the Digital Front-End Development resources in developing pages of customer-facing content.
- Execute project briefs to ensure the team employ the relevant tools and processes to ensure the front-end stack is managed effectively
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use and application
- Create and service website information pages, micro sites and relevant external websites
- Collaborate with all members of the organisation to ensure all output is aligned, communicated and implemented effectively
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders and external third parties in developing effective digital content for the business.
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with and support the Digital Communications Team in designing innovative email templates and online newsletters to ensure effective and commercial communications with customers and end-users
- Work with the ecommerce merchandising team and provide them with the best digital tools and assets to facilitate their external communications and sales activities.
- Manage project lifecycles from inception, through development and into delivery, including project updates and reports from the Digital Front-End Developers and feed into the Digital Creative Manager
You will have:
- Experience as a front-end developer from either an agency or client background
- Thorough understanding of open source technology stacks, LAMP, LEMP
- Exposure to front-end frameworks & libraries such as Vue.JS and React
- Knowledge of “DevOps” systems, e.g. Apache, NGINX, Vagrant
- Experience using version control systems, specifically Git/Github
- Demonstrable knowledge of open source content management systems and application development environments, e.g. WordPressAbility to engage and work with a range of internal and external stakeholders, and bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of working with third party suppliers, with a high attention to detail and best practice
- Able to prioritise, co-ordinate and review the work of others and provide advice/guidance regarding project deliverables
- Able to coach, mentor and develop others
- High aptitude towards problem-solving and solution-generation
- Proactive in maintaining knowledge of trends, new developments, emerging technology, accessibility and usability issues relating to the field of a digital developer. Ensure the team is kept abreast of any insights