Location: Royal Leamington Spa
Salary: Circa £40,000 +
About the Role:
It’s a really exciting time to join Wolseley UK as we get going on our journey to totally transform the way we serve our customers and make us the first choice specialist merchant in our markets. A big part of our journey is to significantly increase our Own Brand product range.
This role is accountable for ensuring that the new own brand product ranges are delivered against the plan, through working with the commercial teams and other stakeholder functions
· Accountable for the achievement of the Own Brand Participation targets and ensuring that the own brand achieves market recognition and advocacy. With the commercial team drive innovation and new commercial opportunities across the Own Brand.
· With the marketing team establishing and implement clear guidelines in relation to the ‘Category and Brand proposition’, including pricing strategy and quality strategy, ensure that all future own brand development is aligned to its brand guidelines Monitoring of, and reporting upon, the sales performance of Own Brand and with the commercial team make decisions in order to address and potential performance issues of product lines.
· With marketing develop and execute a marketing plan which drives the performance of the own brand across the business
· Accountable for all packaging design and its management within the supply chain.
· With the marketing and commercial team ensure that the customer and marketing plan for own brand is implemented successfully
· With the commercial team ensure new product launches are delivered to plan and maximise their potential within the market delivering the planned financial targets Managing all costs related to Own Brand as well as ensuring that profit targets are met.
· Effective engagement with key internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver targets and plans. These include: Suppliers; Category Teams; Marketing; QA/QC Team; Legal Team; Branch Operations; Sales Team.
· Understating of, and gaining feedback relating to, the performance of products in the market, including Wolseley Own Brand and competitor products.
· Management of direct report (Own Brand Planner) and the co-ordination of the activities for this role.
· Project Management skills – able to demonstrate implementation and execution skills, as well as establishing initial plans.
· Supply chain knowledge, preferably with suppliers in the Far East
· Base knowledge of product design
· Negotiation skills
· Able to influence key internal and external parties and execute plans through a network of stakeholders
· Strategic awareness in order to develop a vision and build a strategic plan for Own Brand
· Understanding of the market and experience of meeting targets related to profitability
· Client/supplier relationship-management skills
· Experience of customer-facing marketing and promotion campaigns, as well as building marketing plans
· Clear focus upon quality
· Willing to take an innovative approach in order to deliver new products and initiatives to market
· Experience of understanding and meeting customer needs, although not necessarily within this sector
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
* Annual bonus
* Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
* Defined Contribution pension scheme
* Flexible life and health benefits
* Sharesave scheme
* Gym discount
* Onsite canteen and coffee shop
* Dress down Fridays
* Childcare voucher Scheme
* Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including cinema and retail discounts
If this sounds like it could be the role for you please submit your CV today, however if you'd like to have a chat about the role just contact Cat Savill via email@example.com