Location: Royal Leamington Spa
Other information: 8 month FTC
Reference #: 127356
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
To manage the demand profile and supply of a range of products, ensuring that product availability and inventory value are maintained at targeted levels, to ensure excellent customer satisfaction. To contribute to the inventory management and business improvement initiatives relating to these products.
- Contribute to an environment of continuous improvement of performance and processes within the Inventory Management team.
- Achieve KPI levels of product availability and inventory value within the Wolseley distribution network for a range of products.
- Manage statistical forecasts for a range of products, and additional ‘market intelligence’ forecasts, to ensure that product supply reflects branch / customer requirements.
- Manage the Mercia forecasting and planning system for the product range through data management and exception reports, ensuring that items are introduced, expedited, de-expedited and managed out of the business as appropriate.
- Manage & develop a number of suppliers, ensuring that they meet the requirements of Wolseley, in terms of delivery OTIF measures, & work with those suppliers to ensure that product availability and supply chain efficiency targets are consistently achieved.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers, to ensure that the supplier base responds to the requirements of Wolseley UK, to ensure that company sales and margins are maximised.
- Contribute to the development of the Inventory Management team, through better use of IM tools, enhanced analytical approaches and increasing influence throughout the business.
The Successful Candidate:
- PC literate
- Strong inter-personal skills for negotiation and influencing
- Good level of education, literate and numerate (graduate calibre)
- Experience of Merchant / Retail / Service Parts inventory management environments highly desirable
- Inventory management experience in a high sku, complex environment
- Knowledge of automated replenishment systems
- Proven record of working with and developing suppliers