Location: Royal Leamington Spa
- We are seeking an experienced Planner to join our substantial Inventory team.
- This role is specialising in Far East Import planning to manage the demand profile and supply of a range of products, ensuring that product availability and inventory value are maintained at targeted levels, to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
- You will also contribute to the inventory management and business improvement initiatives relating to these products.
- Achieve KPI levels of product availability and inventory value within the Wolseley distribution network for a range of products
- Manage statistical forecasts for a range of products, and additional ‘market intelligence’ forecasts, to ensure that product supply reflects branch / customer requirements
- Manage the Mercia forecasting and planning system for the product range through data management and exception reports, ensuring that items are introduced, expedited, de-expedited and managed out of the business as appropriate
- Manage & develop a number of suppliers, working collaboratively with Product managers, to ensure that product availability and supply chain efficiency targets are consistently achieved
- PC literate including Excel
- Strong inter-personal skills for negotiation and influencing
- Experience of planning imports from the Far East
- Experience of Merchant / Retail / Service Parts inventory management environments highly desirable
- Inventory management experience in a high sku, complex environment
- Knowledge of automated replenishment systems
- Proven record of working with and developing suppliers
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Flexible life and health benefits
- Wolseley’s Sharesave scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
We are a FTSE100 Company and the UK’s leading heating, plumbing and building materials supplier with 12 brands and 730 branches located nationwide. Our valued customers range from local tradesmen to multinational businesses and everyone in between.
We are passionate about providing a high quality service to our customers and if you share that passion then we will help you shape and develop your career with us.