Location: Royal Leamington Spa
Other information: FTC up to 12months
Reference #: 126734
About the role:
This is a Maternity fixed term contract where we are looking for someone to take responsibility and be accountable for the management of forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning processes across the UK business. The role will aim to drive simplicity in the planning process to ensure that key stakeholders and decision-makers are provided with insightful data that will drive improvements in organisational performance.
- Responsibility for delivering the mid-month and month end forecast processes across Wolseley UK. Deliver timely and accurate forecast that reflect the latest view of risks and opportunities and provide an appropriate level of scrutiny and analysis working with the finance teams and the business.
- Responsibility for delivering the annual budget and strategic plan process.
- Working alongside the rest of finance, driving the forecasting and budgeting agenda and ensuring a high standard of communication, the hitting of deadlines and timetables and quality input from other Finance areas. Ensure robust reviews and high standards across the board.
- Provide finance support for all employee incentive schemes working closely with HR to ensure calculations are accurate and forecasts reflect the most realistic assumptions. Provide insight into the value of incentive schemes
- Act as the main contact for group for all queries relating to budgets/forecasts/strategic plans
- Drive simplicity across the team and through the business – focus self and others upon keeping things simple. This will involve the delivery of process simplification initiatives within own business area, as well as taking a proactive approach towards building for the future and taking ownership for delivering change
- Instil a culture of continuous improvement across the business unit, both in terms of personal development and process/system improvement. Ensure personal development plans are in place for all individuals in the team, as well as building succession plans for all roles
- Working alongside the Performance FM to ensure deep dives and insight across historical and expected performance are streamlined and integrated and of high standard across the team, avoiding duplication.
You will have:
- Fully qualified in either ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of managing large teams, ideally at an equivalent level in a large and complex organisation
- Exposure to situations that require influencing senior stakeholders. Experience of working as a service provider for internal stakeholders. Willing to take a customer-centric approach and to focus upon collaborative cross-functional working
- Able to demonstrate integrity with a clear focus upon delivering work to the highest possible professional standards
- Credible communicator, both in oral and written form, as well as an effective presenter. Able to provide information in clear yet commercial terms
- Able to demonstrate resilience when faced with increased work pressure and when facing resistance from stakeholders and internal customers
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills – solution-focused approach
- High degree of commercial acumen – able to understand, measure and demonstrate the impact of team’s work upon the wider business and upon the bottom-line performance of the organisation
- Flexible and adaptable approach when tackling people and commercial issues in the business
- Very high level of attention to detail and a clear focus upon accuracy
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work to strict, tight deadlines, with a clear focus upon prioritisation of work streams and resources
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.