About the role:
We are currently recruiting a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Solicitor to be an ambassador for the Legal team at Wolseley UK. You will be responsible for working in partnership with colleagues at all levels to achieve business objectives whilst appropriately managing legal risk. This is a great opportunity to co-own and evolve the Wolseley UK Legal operating model, targeting innovation in service delivery and be an active and engaged member of a dynamic legal team that supports commercial legal at Wolseley UK.
Do you want to:
- Broaden your commercial experience and continue your development in a major corporate?
- Work on commercial and compliance projects, as well as disputes, governance and process?
- Partner with colleagues at all levels, to influence the strategic agenda?
- Play a big part in a small team, that packs a big punch and wins awards?
- Improve service delivery and add value, through innovation, technology and process?
- Give pragmatic legal advice that promotes business goals, ensures compliance and mitigates risk?
- Draft, review and negotiate a range of commercial contracts (customer, supplier and indirect)?
- Deliver high profile projects, at pace - leading, supporting and influencing stakeholders en route?
- Develop and/or maintain subject matter expertise in a core compliance area (eg competition)?
- Providing sensible, strategic and legal support to resolve material disputes?
- Think creatively, and collaborate with other members of the legal, risk and compliance function?
- Provide legal and compliance training to colleagues in an engaging way?
- Work at pace, be comfortable with ambiguity and smile at challenging situations?
- A commercially minded lawyer looking for an exciting challenge in a transforming business?
- An ambitious team player, committed to providing excellent legal advice and business solutions?
- Already thinking differently about the way that lawyers work?
- An experienced commercial lawyer, qualified in England & Wales, with 3-6 years PQE?
- From a premium law firm, or major corporate, and excited by the in-house environment?
- Technically excellent, strong analytically, and able to balance commercial requirements?
- Experienced in managing senior stakeholders through complex transactions, challenges or issues?
- Passionate about delivery, a great communicator and able to adapt?
- Committed to improving yourself and others?
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.