Location: Ripon, United Kingdom
Yorkshire and Humberside
Salary: Competitive Salary
Reference #: 128992
We are currently recruiting 2 Clerks - Credit Control
About the role:
To provide support to the controllers and an excellent customer service to all key stakeholders. To provide excellent administration of team and department processes. Dealing with stakeholders in a professional manner, providing an excellent customer service experience. To proactively take responsibility for delivering both personal and team targets in line with KPI’s and month end deadlines. To drive a strong credit control process, identifying improvements and actively liaising with stakeholders such as Customers, Sales team, Regional Controllers and Operations as required.
You will also be responsible for:
- Pro-actively develop relationships with Sales team, Operations and Regional Controllers across the team such that we build a supportive working relationship, reduce queries improve cross team process and communication.
- Debt chasing and cash collection for National Account customers.
- Chasing outstanding disputes directly with the branch.
- Responding to customer queries in a timely manner via email and phone.
- Attend key account business conference calls where required
- Proactively highlighting potential areas of financial risk to the business.
- Communicate to the business accurate and clear information for customer debt.
- Regular contact with customers through the debt cycle to ensure invoices are clear for payment on time.
- Timely and affective collection of all debts and customer payments.
- Proactively reviewing existing processes & look for improvements.
- Leading by example with regards to company policies, team charters & respect values.
- Champion our brand & ways of working.
- Following & adhering to audit controls on all aspects of credit control tasks.
- Positively building relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate world class customer service throughout the team.
- Actively engage with key stakeholders, highlighting risks or opportunities and always taking the opportunity to suggest ways to simplify.
What we are looking for:
- Team player supporting other team members as well as other finance teams.
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Maximise cashflow whilst maintaining an excellent relationship, both internally and externally.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues. Seeks and develops new relationships that will support the team.
- Appreciates risk and able to liaise with third parties (internal or external) where appropriate.
- Diligent. Has good attention to detail.
- Ability to highlight potential risks that may impact the business results.
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative.
- Maintaining the best customer service to stakeholders, using influencing & negotiation skills.
- Able to travel on an ad-hoc basis when required.
- Able to communicate clearly and appropriately to a wide variety of audiences (in all formats).
- Can work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to multitask and work under pressure and take ownership and accountability of actions.
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines / consistently motivated and focused on delivery.
The closing date is the 18th July