Yorkshire and Humberside
Other information: 40 hour week
Reference #: 126896
About the role:
Wolseley are currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Analyst who will be responsible for End User Computing Service (EUC) and provide operational delivery and support of the Collaboration domain and its related component areas (SharePoint, Exchange, Skype for Business). You will also be responsible for full ownership of third line IT user problems, changes and service requests escalated to them administer successful resolutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Help document procedures and keeping service diagrams and related material up to date.
- Provide technical expertise in all areas of the collaboration domain and be the subject matter expert for SharePoint
- Ensure the required level of end to end performance of the SharePoint Service is achieved
- Advise on future developments and technology trends in relation to scope of SharePoint
- Be the go to person for any Level 3 technical queries relevant to the Collaboration Domain
- Be a technical conduit to other technical disciplines and domains related to SharePoint
- Support the identification of SharePoint requirements with the Business Analysis team and business, considering selection, evaluation configuration of suitable SharePoint solutions
- Provide Technical representation of the operational service across the organisation
- Collaborate with members of GSTS to ensure service is delivered to all relevant Opcos. Ensure involved in knowledge transfers with other members of virtual teams.
- Liaise with Architect teams as the SharePoint SME, to develop architecture and standards
- Liaise with Group Engineering teams to support SharePoint system evaluation activities
- Assist in the development and ongoing management of the Collaboration Domain roadmap
- Point of technical escalation for major incidents/service complaints
- Assist in the creation of and manage processes, policies and tools specific to the SharePoint service and in-line with established service management processes (i.e. Incident, Problem, Change, Capacity)
- Incident, Problem and Change Management activities, as required
You will have:
- Previous experience designing and developing server-side and client-side Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
- Previous experience Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts at all levels, to both technical and non technical audiences.
- Can develop strong relationships with customers and suppliers
- Can make decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information
- Knowledge and appreciation of ITIL and the agreed standard project methodology
- Business Analysis skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, sometimes under pressure
- Clear understanding of and commitment to high quality customer service
- Working experience in some of the following:
- Web Services WCF
- Visual Studio or related IDE
- Knowledge of relational database systems and MS SQL database
- Familiarity with accessibility, usability
- Web parts
- Custom Forms
- Event Handlers
- Timer Jobs
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Stakeholder engagement and governance models
- Familiarity with InfoPath form creation
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.