About the role
You will be part of the UK Application Development team acting a senior lead within application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
The primary purpose of the role is to work review requirements to ensure the needs of the business are fully understood and that the requirements are valid.
This role will involve aspects of business analysis, design, development, testing and support.
The Senior Solutions Analyst may be asked to talk directly to stakeholders, to clarify requirements and to test potential solutions. The Senior Solutions Analyst may also be responsible for managing, supervising and advising more junior staff within the team.
You will also be responsible for:
The Senior Solutions Analyst role will encompass some or all of the following elements:
- Ownership of design, development, testing and overall delivery of key IT projects
- Working closely with Business Engagement, Architects and other areas within IT to ensure efficient delivery timescales are achieved
- Day to day engagement and functional management of team members
- Maintenance of high standards within the team, whilst balancing multiple responsibilities and actions
- Driving a consistent and structured way of working whilst maintaining high standards and balancing multiple responsibilities and actions
- Collaboration across IT including promoting and working in an Agile manner
- Responsibility for meeting deadlines and general stakeholder management and reporting
What we are looking for:
- Previous hands-on Software Development experience
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge and appreciation of ITIL and the agreed standard project methodology
- Knowledge of JIRA/SDLC
- Attention to detail and good organisational and communication skills
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills (consensus building, conflict resolution, etc)
- Ability to deliver complex work with minimal direction
Closing date is Tuesday 29th May