You will be part of the UK Application Development team acting in a lead capacity. You will be responsible for OSB, SOA and ADF application development while providing expertise in the full solution development lifecycle, from concept and design, to testing. You will be a specialist in Oracle Fusion Middleware with experience in building high-performance, scalable enterprise-grade applications.
The primary purpose of the role will be to act as Application Design Lead for new applications (e.g DDM), leveraging existing technologies and where relevant introducing new technologies. This role will also involve reviewing requirements to ensure the needs of the business are fully understood and that the requirements are valid.
This role will also involve aspects of business analysis, design, development, testing, Implementation and support. The Integration Lead may be asked to talk directly to stakeholders, to clarify requirements and to test potential solutions. The Integration Lead will also be responsible for coaching and advising the Integration Developers who are currently within the team.
- Work closely with the Solution Architects in promoting new technologies / design patterns through the EAA.
- Work with Architects to validate upcoming designs
- Leading , coaching, Developing and supporting Integration Developers, contractors and 3rd parties
- POC development and Prototyping where necessary
- Participation in the Out of Hours support scheme
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle including Testing and Support
- Ensure designs are compliant with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Development of standards and enforcing across internal and external teams.
- Working with multiple offshore partners and performing Knowledge Transfer when necessary.
- Improving performance and capability within the Integration Team.
- Technical management skills through the delivery lifecycle to plan and manage the transitions and dependencies and manage any 3rd parties involved.
The Integration Lead role will also encompass some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Maintain detailed understanding of current business practices and systems
- Provide Quality Assurance for all work
- Provide guidance for solutions and subject matter areas
- Provide estimates in the Discovery phase and skill requirements for all work and deliverables
- Provide the appropriate level of support for all areas of responsibility
- Understand current business practices and systems
- Capture requirements of the business and record/document appropriately
- Advise on best approach to achieve the required outcome in conjunction with the Solutions Manager
- Contribute to the technical solution design and agree approach in conjunction with the Solutions Manager
- Assist in package selection, by providing Subject Matter Expertise and knowledge of customer requirements
- Create technical specifications based on requirements captured
- Work with the Delivery Manager, key users and appropriate resource to provide the expected solution
- Configure 3rd Party/ERP packages supported by the Technology Centre
- Create & enhance test plans based on requirements captured, technical specifications and previous system knowledge
- Test the solutions developed against test plans
- Ensure documentation is comprehensive, to agreed standards and stored appropriately
- Pass on fully tested solution to the QA & Release team with appropriate documentation and instructions (once approved by the Solutions Manager)
- Assist with the Business UAT process as required
- Advise on potential solutions and/or workarounds for Incidents and other service calls in conjunction with the Service Desks
- Advise on potential solutions and/or workarounds for Problems in conjunction with the Problem Management team
- Resolve incidents and problems as required
- Assist Problem Management in identification, prioritisation and resolution of problems
- Ensure that specific targets set for the team are met (OLA’s, number of outstanding Incidents etc.)
- Provide OOH support as required
- Understand and adhere to Wolseley’s ITIL-based processes and the agreed standard project
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings – give progress reports on a regular basis
- Ensure that the team members’ work is understood by them, in terms of committed dates and functionality and in relation to the overall solution being provided; the priorities.
- Additional responsibilities as defined by your line Manager
- Strong technical knowledge of Oracle Fusion development environment, enterprise solutions development and automated build, test and deploy tools
- Previous experience of hands-on Software Development experience
- Previous experience in Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies.
- Experience delivering complex enterprise software.
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Knowledge and appreciation of ITIL and the agreed standard project methodology
- Knowledge of JIRA/SDLC
- Attention to detail and good organisational, communication skills
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills (consensus building, conflict resolution, etc)
- Ability to deliver complex work with minimal direction
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.