Yorkshire and Humberside
Other information: 40 hour week
Reference #: 126982
About the role:
Wolseley is currently recruiting for a Hosting Service Owner – UK to join the team in Ripon. You will be responsible for managing the overall delivery of the Operational Hosting Service into Wolseley. You will be responsible for ensuring “operational excellence” and be the primary point of contact for hosting related escalations. This role is accountable for the delivery and the longer term improvement of the Operational Hosting Service to Wolseley UK.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage all operational aspects of Operational Hosting Infrastructure and technology platforms ensuring optimum security and technology currency.
- Manage continuous improvement in quality, customer service and efficiency of the Operational Hosting Service.
- Responsible for the adherence to agreed RPOs and RTOs and also that DR capabilities are in place to match these requirements for all elements of the Operational Hosting Service
- Ensure Operational Hosting systems and services comply with Wolseley global IT architecture and standards.
- Ensure Operational Hosting systems meet minimum security vulnerability requirements.
- Continually review and update the Operational Hosting Strategy/roadmap, team structure, capabilities (internal/external) – to ensure service offered improves and like for like costs are reduced.
- Develop effective Operational Hosting operational team, ensuring appropriate skills are in place and that an effective matrix management structure is incorporated in to standard working practices covering both functional and line management responsibilities across the disparate geographies.
- Heavily involved in the process of creating the Operational Hosting budget and responsible for managing the service to that budget.
You will have:
- Experience in a management role in an IT Environment preferably Operational Hosting related.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Knowledge of Operational Hosting related technologies is essential. Knowledge of data centre operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data centre applications, client/server computing, and production operations support would be desirable.
- Experience in managing 3rd party suppliers
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.