About the role:
To administer comprehensive, timely and accurate HR data for the whole Wolseley UK business areas whilst building strong working relationships with business Manager’s and key personnel. You will also be responsible for providing a customer focused service which supports the long-term vision of the HR Shared Service Centre.
You will also be responsible for:
- Processing new starters on the system, issuing appropriate Terms and Conditions and associated starter information within set timescales and inform necessary supporting departments of the starter to ensure all arrangements are completed for the individual.
- Checking and processing Employment Change Forms and issuing confirmation letters and/or amendments to Terms and Conditions of employment if required.
- Processing leavers on the system within set timescales and inform necessary supporting departments of the leaver to ensure all termination arrangements are completed for the individual.
- Monitoring employees on Fixed Term contracts, liaising with Managers to ensure relevant paperwork is sent on time.
- Monitoring employees on maternity leave, ensuring maternity leave/pay starts at the correct time, issuing letters regarding return from maternity leave.
- Issuing reference requests for new employees and completing employment reference requests.
- Dealing with second tier telephone/email queries whilst maintaining and building communication links with appropriate Managers to ensure correct and complete paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitoring return of contracts, ensuring they are returned and signed by the employee, issuing chase letters if not returned.
- Monitoring referee information, chasing the employee within set timescales before escalating to the appropriate Line Manager.
- Monitoring ID information, chasing the appropriate Line Manager within set timescales before escalating to the HR Services Operations Manager.
- Create new starter personnel files, ensuring all employees’ files are up to date and filing completed on a regular basis.
- Manage and monitor pre-employment medicals for all new starters, bringing difficult cases to the attention of the Employment Advice Manager.
- Administer the allocation of company credit cards for appropriate new starters, cancellation for leavers and maintain the Global Expenses system.
- Administer numerous ad hoc processes in line with the business requirements.
- Ensure the Flexible Working system is constantly updated based on the core administration processes.
- Manage and monitor Resourcing administration for the business to ensure all vacancies are approved, uploaded onto the recruitment system and available on the weekly company bulletin.
- Provide administrative support to the Employment Advice team in respect of Health Management letters; Redundancy quotes and other documentation as and when required.
- Run required audit reports in accordance with the Audit Governance for People Administration.
- Provide cover to the HR Customer Services Team as and when necessary in line with the operating procedures and call handling standards in place.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of HR administration procedures would be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication & written skills
- PC Literate to at least intermediate standard in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Ability to handle large volumes of work with multiple demands
- Ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised
- Positive approach to customer service
- Be proactive in service delivery and show improvements to systems
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.