About the role:
Plays a lead role in the design, development and delivery of fit for purpose IT solutions. Managing and co-ordination of internal and 3rd Party resources across multiple technologies and teams. Assumes management responsibility for all aspects of the delivery team and its’ function.
You will also be responsible for:
- Managing, planning and monitoring the progress of development projects, ensuring alignment with overall business and project goals.
- Training, coaching, motivating and evaluating team members.
- Managing the performance of 3rd party development organisations and resources.
- Identifying issues, assessing their impact and proactively developing and recommending solutions.
- Ensuring effective QA and UAT followed by successful transition to production and support.
- Communicating status and progress to Business Stakeholders and senior managers within IT.
- Establishing the required capabilities to execute projects using the defined architectural standards and technologies.
What we are looking for:
- Commercial awareness, experience of purchasing IT services, working with partners and contractors.
- Familiarity with basic information management practices.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Familiarity with basic graphical modelling approaches, tools and model repositories.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Broad exposure to the full scope of IT operations and services, including technical operations, application design and development, service support and service management
Wolseley UK is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers.
Today we operate Plumb, Parts, Drain, Pipe and Climate Center as separate businesses. We are working towards bringing every part of our businesses together to form one specialist trade merchant called Wolseley.
We are the UK’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant. Soon, our entire product range will be accessible under one roof. That means customers can easily reach all our products and specialisms, delivering on our promise of helping them achieve more.
Wolseley, and our above brands, are part of Wolseley UK, which is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers.