Yorkshire and Humberside
Other information: 40 hour week
Reference #: 126983
About the role:
We are recruiting for an Applications Operations Service Owner – UK. You will be responsible for managing the overall delivery of the Application Operations Service into UK. You will be responsible for acting as the senior accountable/responsible manager for all Application Operations Service activities.
You will be responsible for:
- Establish a set of measures to continually monitor and improve the performance of the Application Operations Service.
- Manage all operational aspects of Application Operations and associated platforms ensuring optimum security and application currency
- Ensure that clear and measurable service levels (OLA’s) are agreed, adhered to and reported on for the Application Operations Service.
- Ensure compliance with external regulatory and legislative requirements and with all internal (Wolseley) Policy and Controls requirements relating to in relation to Application Operations Services.
- Ensure Application Operations systems and services comply with Wolseley global IT architecture and standards
- Continually review and update the Application Operations Strategy/roadmap, team structure, capabilities (internal/external) – to ensure service offered improves and like for like costs are reduced.
- Develop an effective Application Operations operational team, ensuring appropriate skills are in place.
- Maintain strong, strategic partnerships with key vendors and service suppliers of the Application Operations Service.
You will have:
- Experience in a management role in an IT Environment preferably Application Operations related. (Degree Level education, or equivalent, desirable).
- Knowledge of Application Operations related technologies is essential. Knowledge of data centre operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data centre applications, client/server computing, and production operations support would be desirable.
- Strong leadership and management abilities; having the ability to lead an operational team across multiple disciplines.
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experiencing in managing third party relationships.