About the role:
Wolseley UK are currently recruiting an experienced Accountant to join our Ripon office. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to take responsibility for the day to day requirements of the Finance function by ensuring that all property related financial issues are correctly accounted for.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensure that financial information reflects the Property Department’s understanding of the business.
- Reconciliation & analysis of property related balance sheet accounts (rent, rates, rent free, rent reviews, sub-tenant debtors, Project Stuart)
- Identify and highlight risks and opportunities based on Property information and communicate this to management on a timely basis.
- Monthly forecasting of property related balance sheet accounts
- Direct liaison between Finance and Property teams to ensure timetables for account production are achieved.
- Liaise with the property department on day-to-day issues impacting on the company to ensure that our information reflects their understanding of the business.
- Liaise with off system companies to ensure that additional information is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Respond effectively to information demands from the Group Company and/or Finance Director.
- Plan and take leadership of the monthly Property update meetings held with key Property personnel and directors.
- Complete half year and year end statutory reporting requirements regarding property information and disclosures.
- Liaison with external auditors regarding Property related audit deliverables.
- Collate information for the preparation of the annual insurance renewal and corporation tax pack.
- Involvement in technical ad hoc projects including transition to IFRS 16 – Leases.
- Supervision & coaching of Balance Sheet Accounts Assistant
What we are looking for:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA / CIMA)
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Appreciates the need for audit quality accounting.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues.
- Good communicator (both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences).
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines / consistently motivated and focused on delivery.
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. We build our businesses through the quality of our people – the excellent service they provide and their strong relationships with vendor and customers.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.