About the Role:
To identify, drive and develop business opportunities within a defined geographic area (territory) in order to exceed KPIs and deliver maximum sales revenue and margin returns. Develop plans to drive activity and sales in the short- and long-term, whilst operating in a manner that is consistent with the wider objectives of the Sales function and the values of WUK.
- To visit a high frequency of customers (5+ face to face contacts per day)
- Manage small to medium size customer accounts within territory to maximise growth of sales revenue and margin
- Prepare and deliver immediate sales plans for own area/customer segment to achieve and exceed business KPI’s
- Proactive in instigating, building and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Ensure that excellent levels of customer care are maintained through all dealings with key clients
- Deliver innovative solutions for clients to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention
- Establish, develop and maintain a local network of contacts with end users, contractors and distributors.
- Maintain a real-time awareness of projects in local area to ensure that WUK is a client’s first point of contact when new business opportunities arise
- Proactive in maintaining an awareness of new products developments
- Proactive in obtaining, collating and responding to customer feedback.
- Maintain a balance of energy and rigour in all dealings with clients.
- Drive activity and performance with passion, whilst also adhering to appropriate sales operational governance and the values of WUK
- Work collaboratively with peers to maintain a high-performance climate in which the entire team is focused on results, motivated to deliver, and empowered to demonstrate entrepreneurial flair
- As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Flexible life and health benefits
- Sharesave scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
- Must have previous field sales experience
- Previous experience in managing and growing an account base
- Experience of specification sales, managing customer accounts or working in sales across a branch network
- Detailed awareness/knowledge of products in a similar or related field
- Proactive approach towards business development, identifying opportunities and sales growth
- Experience of client relationship management
- Able to communicate technical information in a clear yet comprehensive manner
- Able to influence senior stakeholders and clients, both inside and outside the organisation
- Able to demonstrate passion and resilience in working towards goals
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen, a high level of numeracy and a proven record of making commercially sound decisions
- Driven to deliver the highest levels of customer service
- Proactive approach towards problem-solving and solution-generation
- High attention to detail, quality and standards within service delivery
- Adaptable and flexible approach
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.