About Wolseley UK
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
To develop and handle the Sales Office team to achieve financial growth targets in line with business expectations. A driven leader who is stimulating and aspires to exceeding set critical metrics through personal and team development.
- Provide a dedicated sales culture, promoting single point of contact to our branch portfolio customers.
- Work closely with our warehouse and distribution team to meet customer commitments
- Work closely with the Regional External Sales team to build and handle relationships with key suppliers to align activity and demonstrate opportunities.
- Work closely with Wolseley colleagues across divisions to ensure customer share is maximised and any tools to grow business are exploited – shared methodology or cross marketing of services which will benefit the customers
- A strong analytical person, good communication skills and the ability to resolve problems with the appropriate management team
- Implement and handle a quotation follow up system
- Responsible for handling daily reports and ensuring the internal team deliver profitable business.
- Accountable for supporting, mentoring and developing sales team members.
- Responsible for compliance to H&S within the Sales Office
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Flexible life and health benefits
- Sharesave scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
- A self-motivated individual who is able to use their initiative and work on their own
- Sound Commercial and Operational awareness.
- Management and Development of team and individuals.
- It is critical that all applicants have good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear and concise messages at all levels
- Strong commercial trading experience would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of business functions
- A strong belief in the need for excellent customer service both external and internal
- A knowledge of the construction sector and the role of merchants would be beneficial
- PC literate
- Liaise and work closely with key personnel within other brands for the benefit of Wolseley UK Ltd
Closing date: 17/11/17
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.