Other information: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary
Reference #: 127382
As a Technical Sales Advisor you’d be responsible for providing customers with expert advice, leading to sales within the branch. Whilst maintaining high levels of customer service in order to maximise sales potential and dealing with customer requirements and ensuring completion of the associated administrative processes.
- Contributes to the team by maintaining effective levels of communication and working towards achieving shared objectives
- Maintains awareness of branch targets and objectives
- Contributes to improvement process
- Capable of offering technical & commercial support and training/coaching
Sales and Expert Advice
- Promotes sales growth, by maximising margins and making best use of promotions
- Acts as lead seller for products involving chosen customer sector
- Proactively chase quotations on a regular basis.
- Dealing with complex requests that require problem solving and extensive knowledge of products within chosen customer sector
- Provides best in class service to customers via face to face interaction and remote means
- Checks and confirms customer expectations and explains clearly when these cannot be met
- Acts as the first point of contact for customer disputes
- Develops and maintains strong customer and supplier relationships, maximising ‘add-on’ sales
- Provides accurate and timely pricing and quotations to customers
- Performs general administrative duties
- Collates information for statistical analysis and distributes as necessary
- Raises purchase orders
- Proven sales experience within the merchant industry
- Commercial knowledge and experience in valve or merchant industry
- Ability to identify and understand business opportunities
- Build long term relationships with customers
- Exceptional customer service delivery ability
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.