Salary: Competitive + Quarterly Bonus
Reference #: 127191
This is a Sales Negotiator role, where you’ll be responsible for the generation of product sales and developing new customers as well as maintaining and growing an existing ledger within your designated territory. Burdens UK is the leading supplier of civil engineering and heavy side building materials to the infrastructure, environmental and industrial markets.
- Continual review and targeting of existing Burdens customer base to maximise sales of Burdens products
- Generation of enquiries and orders for Burdens product range
- Establish contractor customer base at branch level
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers through regular review visits
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with external sales staff
- Acting as a contact between the company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating variations in price, delivery and specifications with buyers
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Work closely with regional/product specialist and key accounts to maximise sales opportunities
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys as required.
- In-put into stock requirements and stock turn levels at branch and regional level
- Communication of account involvement to ensure maximum potential sales and profit is achieved by Burdens across all product areas
- Supporting promotion of Burdens at exhibitions and trade shows
- Proven business to business experience in customer service, relationship building and negotiation in a fast paced office environment
- Commercial awareness and experience of negotiating on key terms including delivery, volumes and pricing, with an appreciation of the effect on the business, the customer and margins
- A confident telephone manner and excellent communication/relationship building skills
- A good level of administrative ability, backed by a fair degree of IT/PC literacy, including proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience in the Civils and utilities sector and customer base knowledge would be a definite advantage but is not a prerequisite
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.