East of England
Other information: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary
Reference #: 128140
Plumb, Parts & Drain Center, one of our trade brands, are looking for a Senior Sales Specialist to join the team at our Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire branch, to build on your career with a business that can provide you with industry-leading training and excellent opportunities for progression.
As a FTSE 100 company, Wolseley UK is the UK's leading distributor of plumbing and building materials and products, serving professionals in the construction industry through a number of trading brands. We are looking to attract new talent with the launch of a market-leading induction and development programme within our national network of branches.
About the role
You will be responsible for supporting the Branch Manager in co-ordinating and directing the branch team towards meeting all KPIs and targets. The role will involve building excellent working relationships and creating world-class customer relationships. Working with customers and colleagues to identify new business opportunities whilst ensuring high standards, quality and safety in all dealings within the branch.
- Support the Branch Manager to implement plans to deliver KPIs and to meet sales and customer targets
- Collaborate with the Branch team in delivering a great customer experience
- Collaborate with the Branch Manager in directing the Sales Specialists to maximise sales opportunities across the full range of WUK products and services
- Responsible for being proactive in building new customer relationships within the local area, as well as maintaining contact with existing WUK customers
- Responsible for meeting all customer needs and always ensuring WUK is delivering ‘right first time’. Deliver upon all commitments to customers
- Proactive approach towards maximising sales opportunities across the full range of WUK products and services. Identify opportunities for cross-selling across the different specialisms
- Work collaboratively with all team members and specialisms within the branch in meeting collective KPIs and targets
- Responsible for co-ordinating the Sales Specialists in delivering all WUK campaigns within the branch
- Accountable for putting ‘Safety First’ in all undertakings within the branch and promoting safety to the team of Sales Specialists within the branch
- Maintain all standards within the branch so that colleagues are supported and the customer experience is enhanced
- Demonstrate flexibility in supporting and meeting the needs of the local WUK network of branches
- Numeracy skills and the ability to interpret complex financial information
- Able to demonstrate negotiation skills with external customers
- High degree of customer focus
- Able to communicate complex messages to a range of stakeholders and able to influence others to overcome resistance and challenges in an appropriate manner
- IT skills – working knowledge of MS Office
- Resilience, persistence and a proactive approach towards driving opportunities and issues to a successful conclusion
- Organisational skills and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining standards
The development programme aims to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us. If you’re interested, this could lead you to gaining a nationally recognised qualification. If you already have relevant customer service experience, great! If not, the training will help you build those all-important skills to help you progress.
Wolseley UK offers a world of opportunity and we’re looking for colleagues who are passionate about great customer service and want to shape and develop their career. If this sounds like you, apply now!