Other information: 37.5 hour week
Reference #: 126947
About the role:
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Controller Team Leader to join the team in Longton, Glasgow. You will be responsible for managing two Accounts Controllers and liaising between Customers, internal colleagues and AR Department. You will be responsible for managing cash collection and resolving any disputes escalated. You will be reporting on key metrics to internal stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for customer / statement branch ledger of accounts.
- Direct contact with customers for monthly payment
- Involvement with RTDs and branches to ensure prompt payment.
- Working with AR Dept at Ripon to maintain ledger comments and provide updated debt reports to customers.
- Handling customer queries and distributing around the WUK network
- Linking-in with correct WUK personnel (e.g. ATM/KAM/NAM) to efficiently resolve queries and implement new procedures to avoid further disputes
- Assist branches with credit note production.
- Handle customer enquiries promptly and effectively.
- Make informed debt decisions that will benefit WUK.
- Visit branches to resolve cash collection issues (if required).
- Co-ordinate cash collection at branch level.
- Provide team members & branches with support/guidance as and when required.
- Conduct Appraisals for team members
- Participate in weekly/monthly conference calls.
- Provide branches & RTDs with regular updates on cash collection/dispute figures.
- Responsible for optimising debt collection, implementing effective strategies.
- Attend & participate in Regional meetings.
You will have:
- Previous supervisory experience including appraisals and one to ones.
- Previous Accounts receivable experience
- Able to delegate work loads effectively
- Excellent communication skills