- Covering North London, Hertfordshire, Essex
- Portfolio of 25 accounts
- £7 million value spend annually
About the role
As a Key Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing and achieving sales, gross margin targets and operational excellence for a specified customer base together with the consistent implementation of company policies and procedures. You will also develop a strong sales culture, build close relationships within our branch network and commit to the national customer development strategy.
- To identify and develop new and existing major accounts to maximise the growth of sales and margin.
- Maximises sales, GP, growth and cash flow by effective debtor management. Contributes to budgeting process and provides statistical information as required
- Integrate with a strong sales culture, build close relationships with Customers, within the branch network and contribute to regional development strategy
- Ensure outstanding customer care through customers and branches to realise market potential; ensure regular personal face to face meetings with allocated and large regional customers
- Focus on the building services and industrial sector
- Experience of operating as an account manager, working across a multi-branch network. Has demonstrated clear capability in managing complex issues and delivered sustainable results.
- Exceptional sales and customer relationship building skills
- Significant sales experience within the industry with a proven track record of delivery
- Exceptional communication skills with strong responsibility and accountability for delivery of a business strategy. Help to create an environment where people can perform, able to challenge the management team, and focus them on what’s right for the business.
- IT knowledge and skills, to support generation of management information to support decision making, and enable decisions to be made lower down in the organisation.
- Good understanding of competitors, and their limitations;
- Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking - able to identify new opportunities and markets;
- Ability to identify and understand business opportunities, and to build long term relationships with customers on this basis;
- Ideally a good understanding of Wolseley Centers businesses
- Full driving licence
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- pension plan
- holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- staff discount
- company car
- quarterly bonus
Today we operate Plumb, Parts, Drain, Pipe and Climate Center as separate businesses. We are working towards bringing every part of our businesses together to form one specialist trade merchant called Wolseley.
We are the UK’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant. Soon, our entire product range will be accessible under one roof. That means customers can easily reach all our products and specialisms, delivering on our promise of helping them achieve more.
Wolseley, and our above brands, are part of Wolseley UK, which is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers.
Closing Date: 14/12/18