To provide expert direction support and advice to operational line management on occupational health and safety issues in order to deliver improvements to Wolseley UK’s occupational health and safety performance.
You will also be responsible for:
- As a Regional Health and Safety Manager you will responsible for a defined geographical part of the UK, supporting Blended and Infrastructure businesses or functions. The aim & purpose is to lead and support Regional Directors, Area Managers and location managers to improve their health and safety performance - specifically through actively encouraging the development of a positive Safety Culture.
- Provide support to the region and business unit(s) on monthly reporting (KPI’s) on occupational health and safety performance against target - as appropriate.
- Support the Head of Health & Safety by ensuring the implementation and adoption of policies and procedures as necessary e.g. through working with and advising the business groups and/or training of new policies to operational management. An important aspect will be to work with operational managers to ensure that the policies and health and safety programmes devised are implemented across your defined business units to ensure the standards are consistency implemented.
- Attend meetings as appropriate or directed , to support operational management with health and safety issues.
- Undertake major incident investigations as directed.
- Support location managers ensure compliance with reports from Enforcing Authorities.
- Support the business transformation and refurbishment process as necessary.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ IV or higher. Or a NEBOSH General Certificate with a commitment to gain a higher occupational health and safety qualification in an agreed timeframe would assist.
- A member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health ideally Chartered status. If not at Chartered Status, a member at another level but there must be clear evidence of continuing professional development.
- A recognised environmental management qualification.
- Must have experience of managing and influencing positive changes in an organisations occupational health and safety performance.
- Experience of undertaking risk assessment and manual handling assessments.
- Experience of working in a commercial customer focused environment.
- Must have multi-site experience
- Must have previous experience in occupational health and safety management.
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. We build our businesses through the quality of our people – the excellent service they provide and their strong relationships with vendor and customers.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.