Lead a team of regional sales people whose goal it is to identify, develop and execute business opportunities within customer accounts and frameworks, in order to exceed KPIs and deliver maximum returns in relation to sales revenue and margin. Must be proactive and passionate about meeting client needs and delivering the highest levels of service. Develop plans to drive activity and sales in the short- and long-term, whilst operating in a manner that is consistent with the wider objectives of the Sales function and the values of WUK.
You will also be responsible for:
- Develop the long-term regional sales strategy as well as building innovative and targeted 90 plans for the Sales teams for their own business areas
- Inspire the Sales teams to achieve and exceed business KPIs through the disciplined prioritisation and utilisation of resources and the implementation of effective channels of communications
- Navigate the Sales teams towards maximising new market opportunities and empower the Sales Managers to develop innovative solutions and make commercial decisions
- Encourage others to be inquisitive in identifying market insights. Inspire the Sales teams to be proactive in collating customer feedback and tracking market and industry trends.
- Utilise market and customer insights to formulate innovative regional plans that demonstrate a unique understanding of the market, with consideration of external threats and competitor activity
- Instil a balance of energy and rigour within the Sales management team to ensure they are driving activity and performance with passion whilst also adhering to appropriate sales operational governance, as well as the ethical and customer-centric values of WUK
- Proactive in instigating, building and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders at a senior level, such as Business Operations, Commercial, Internal Sales and the Branch network leadership team.
- Create a high-performance climate in which the Sales teams are focused on results, motivated to deliver, and empowered to demonstrate their entrepreneurial and innovative flair
- Coach the Sales Managers to develop a consistency of approach within their teams to ensure the whole Sales function maintains a dedicated focus. Build an ‘operational rhythm’ that is replicated across all sales teams. Take proactive and immediate action when consistency falls below expectations
- Drive team engagement and instil a culture of continuous improvement across the business unit, both in terms of personal development and process/system improvement. Ensure personal development plans are in place for all individuals, as well as building succession plans for all roles within the Sales function
What we are looking for:
About your development and benefits
- Proven experience of working in a senior commercial role within the mechanical or industrial industry
- Experience of managing and developing 1st-line managers in a target-driven commercial environment
- Experience of developing sales strategies at a regional level
- Experience of inspiring and performance-managing large teams to deliver robust, consistent, customer-centric sales processes
- Detailed knowledge of CRM and KAM principles and methodologies
- Able to demonstrate a record of building/directing a large team to develop new business, exceed targets and improve revenue/margins
- Proactive and resilient approach towards identifying new business opportunities
- Able to influence and challenge senior level stakeholders and clients in an appropriate manner. Able to remove obstacles, overcome resistance and negotiate effectively to achieve profitable outcomes
- Articulate and inspirational communicator and experience of presenting to large/senior audiences
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Passion for delivering results and success
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and solution generation
- Able to manage a wide range of commercial resources – able to prioritise and co-ordinate at a strategic level
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- pension plan
- holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- staff discount
- company car
- annual bonus
Today we operate Plumb, Parts, Drain, Pipe and Climate Center as separate businesses. We are working towards bringing every part of our businesses together to form one specialist trade merchant called Wolseley.
We are the UK’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant. Soon, our entire product range will be accessible under one roof. That means customers can easily reach all our products and specialisms, delivering on our promise of helping them achieve more.
Wolseley, and our above brands, are part of Wolseley UK, which is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributor of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers.