To identify, develop and execute business opportunities within a defined geographic area (territory) to exceed KPIs and deliver maximum sales revenue and margin returns to the Valvestock division of Wolseley. Proactive and passionate in meeting client needs and delivering the highest levels of service. Develop plans to drive activity and sales in the short- and long-term, whilst operating in a manner that is consistent with the wider objectives of the Sales function and the values of WUK
- Manage customer accounts within a territory to maximise growth of sales revenue and margin
- Focus on selling the Valvestock product to existing and new customers
- Prepare and deliver immediate sales plans for own area/customer segment to achieve and exceed business KPIs through the disciplined prioritisation and utilisation of all available resources
- Ensure personal sales plans and initiatives are aligned with the objectives of key stakeholders, as well as the objectives of the Sales team and the wider WUK corporate goals
- Ensure that excellent levels of customer care are maintained through all dealings with key clients
- Inquisitive about the local market and proactive in the identification of new market opportunities. Deliver innovative solutions for clients to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention
- Establish, develop and maintain a local network of contacts with end users, contractors and distributors
- Maintain a real-time awareness of projects in local area to ensure that WUK is a client’s first point of contact when new business opportunities arise
- Proactive in maintaining an awareness of new product developments
- Proactive in obtaining, collating and responding to customer feedback. Utilise such insights to build innovative and market-leading solutions for WUK clients
- Maintain a balance of energy and rigour in all dealings with clients
- Drive activity and performance with passion, whilst also adhering to appropriate sales operational governance and the values of WUK
- Work collaboratively with peers to maintain a high-performance climate in which the entire team is focused on results, motivated to deliver, and empowered to demonstrate entrepreneurial flair
- Experience of specification sales, managing accounts or working in sales across a branch network
- Knowledge of valve and actuation products would be preferred.
- Proactive approach towards business development, identifying new opportunities and sales growth
- Client relationship management – a clear focus upon developing long-term relationships with both colleagues and clients
- Able to communicate technical information in a clear yet comprehensive manner
- Able to influence senior stakeholders and clients, both inside and outside the organisation
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Flexible life and health benefits
- Sharesave scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
About Wolseley UK
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.