Central - Birmingham, Oxford, Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Coventry
To manage and re-engage a portfolio of lapsed customers is the main focus for this position as well as identify, develop and execute business opportunities within our central region for the Valvestock division of Wolseley. You'll need to be proactive and passionate in meeting client needs and delivering the highest levels of service. You will have a focus on developing plans to drive activity and sales in the short and long term, whilst operating in a manner that is consistent with the wider objectives of the Sales function and the values of WUK.
- Manage customer accounts within a territory to maximise growth of sales revenue and margin
- Focus on selling the Valvestock product to existing and new customers
- Prepare and deliver immediate sales plans for own area/customer segment to achieve and exceed business KPIs through the disciplined prioritisation and utilisation of all available resources
- Ensure personal sales plans and initiatives are aligned with the objectives of key stakeholders, as well as the objectives of the Sales team and the wider WUK corporate goals
- Ensure that excellent levels of customer care are maintained through all dealings with key clients
- Inquisitive about the local market and proactive in the identification of new market opportunities. Deliver innovative solutions for clients to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention
- Establish, develop and maintain a local network of contacts with end users, contractors and distributors
- Maintain a real-time awareness of projects in local area to ensure that WUK is a client’s first point of contact when new business opportunities arise
- Proactive in maintaining an awareness of new product developments
- Proactive in obtaining, collating and responding to customer feedback. Utilise such insights to build innovative and market-leading solutions for WUK clients
- Maintain a balance of energy and rigour in all dealings with clients
- Drive activity and performance with passion, whilst also adhering to appropriate sales operational governance and the values of WUK
- Work collaboratively with peers to maintain a high-performance climate in which the entire team is focused on results, motivated to deliver, and empowered to demonstrate entrepreneurial flair
- Must have experience of specification sales, managing accounts or working in sales across a branch network
- Proven knowledge of valve and actuation needed
- Proactive approach towards business development, identifying new opportunities and sales growth
- Client relationship management – a clear focus upon developing long-term relationships with both colleagues and clients
- Able to communicate technical information in a clear yet comprehensive manner
- Able to influence senior stakeholders and clients, both inside and outside the organisation
- Must have full driving licence
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- pension plan
- holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- staff discount
- profit share
- company car
Today we operate Plumb, Parts, Drain, Pipe and Climate Center as separate businesses. We are working towards bringing every part of our businesses together to form one specialist trade merchant called Wolseley.
We are the UK’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant. Soon, our entire product range will be accessible under one roof. That means customers can easily reach all our products and specialisms, delivering on our promise of helping them achieve more.
Wolseley, and our above brands, are part of Wolseley UK, which is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers.
Closing Date: 24/09/18