Lead, develop and inspire the managers and sales teams within own Area to focus upon providing exemplary customer service. Drive activity within the team to deliver upon all branch KPIs and targets, as well as building excellent working relationships with customers and other teams within WUK. Ensure business development opportunities are identified and ensure the Area maximises profitability through the effective management and deployment of resources.
Promote, collaborate and partnership across the different areas of specialisms within the Area to ensure all cross-selling opportunities are maximised and all client needs are met. Instil a culture of high standards, quality and safety in all dealings within the Area.
You will also be responsible for:
- Translate the Regional Operational objectives into meaningful tactical and operational plans for the branch team.
- Enable the effective deployment of resources across the Area
- Accountable for the Area business plan and meeting all performance KPIs, including sales and margin, cost control, working capital and P&L
- Lead, motivate and develop the branch teams to deliver the agreed business & sales plan. Develop a high-performance culture within the Area.
- Support the development of the team within the Area, through effective coaching, performance management, succession planning and personal development planning
- Accountable for the delivery of service excellence and execution of the Customer Value Proposition
- Work in partnership with the Regional Sales teams to maximise sales opportunities through optimising operational and service delivery
- Lead the recruitment and development of key roles within the Area to ensure we have the right calibre of colleagues and to create a talent pipeline within the business
- Ensure collaboration across all specialisms within the Area to create a culture of partnership and implementation of joint objectives across the different specialisms
- Proactive engagement of all Branch Managers in the Area to ensure all local business opportunities are identified and services in the optimal operational manner.
- Responsible for setting and cascading appropriate targets to the Branch Managers and teams in the Area. Ensure effective processes are in place to enable the colleagues to meet and exceed such targets
- Instigate, co-ordinate and manage promotional events to contribute to profitable growth
- Grow and develop the performance of the specialist resources in the Area
- Promote and maintain safe and environmentally friendly working practices ensuring that we are safe guarding the future of our employees, customers and the public. Ensure that the Area is fully compliant regarding current legislative requirements, including Health and Safety
- Support the branch transformation and refurbishment programme including new branches, relocations,, refurbishments and news of working
What we are looking for:
- Experience of operating at management level in a multi-site environment
- Demonstrable capability in successfully managing complex issues and delivering sustainable commercial results
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels
- Able to organise and co-ordinate resources across a range of locations and teams
- Able to drive business targets across all Brands in WUK, whilst obtaining input from all levels
- Strategic thinker – ability to translate and communicate strategic goals and turn a vision into a practical business plan
- Able to develop and manage systems and processes, KPIs and management accounts to manage and improve performance
- Commercial acumen and ability to execute commercial plans to deliver profitable results
- Numeracy skills and the ability to interpret complex financial information
- Able to influence and challenge senior level stakeholders and clients in an appropriate manner. Able to remove obstacles and overcome resistance
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, solution generation and delivering results
- Experience of operating in a challenging and fast paced environment
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. We build our businesses through the quality of our people – the excellent service they provide and their strong relationships with vendor and customers.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.