Location: Field Based
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Company Car
Reference #: 126893
To develop and achieve sales, gross margin targets and operational excellence for a specified customer base together with the consistent implementation of Company policies and procedures. To grow and develop targeted customer accounts
- Set the sales direction of a set customer base, including the delivery of the business plan and establishing/communicating aims and objectives of the target account
- Develop a strong sales culture, build close relationships within branch network and commit to national customer development strategy
- Ensure excellent customer care through the customer and branches to realise market potential; ensure regular personal face to face meetings with large major customers
- Leads, inspires and colleagues to achieve objectives and develop team working.
- Ensures effective communication levels are implemented and maintained
- Ensure that appropriate technical information is provided to staff, to avoid duplication, and to improve effectiveness
- Inspire and develop cross brand and cross division relationships where opportunities are presented
- Liaise with marketing/ category management on new products and literature
- Deliverable work stream road maps and implantation plans
- To think partnership & benefits for both parties
- To identify & deliver some quick wins
- Consistent sales or project background in plumbing and heating
- Experience of operating as a manager, working across a multi-branch network. Has demonstrated clear capability in handling complex issues and delivered sustainable results.
- Extraordinary sales and customer relationship building skills
- Significant sales or operational experience within the industry with a consistent track record of delivery
- Exceptional communication skills strong leadership skills, able to handle and maintain accountability across a team and build an environment where people can perform, able to challenge the management team, and focus them on what’s right for the business.
- IT knowledge and skills, to support generation of management information to support decision making, and enable decisions to be made lower down in the organisation.
- Deep understanding of competitors, and their limitations;
- Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking – able to identify new opportunities and markets;
- Ability to identify and understand business opportunities, and to build long term relationships with customers on this basis;
- Ideally a great understanding of Wolseley Centers businesses
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with excellent reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure passionate about developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.