Location: Field Based
Other information: Central & North
Salary: £Competitve + Company Car + Bonus
Reference #: 127127
The Business Development Manager role is to Identify and develop profitable business opportunities through commercial accounts and client groups within specific sector / customer areas. And to liaise with branch and other operational staff to optimise the service provided to key account and project customers with the aim to develop and grow profitable sales across the Climate Center product/service offering.
- Work with senior management team to develop and implement new business plans.
- Provide the branch teams with market information on potential new products / sales / marketing campaigns, integrating profitable sales of new products / services into the Climate Center offering. Work with the wider sales team to achieve these objectives.
- Meet regularly with decision makers at key accounts, maintain and develop business relationships, identify new opportunities and maintain existing business. Ensure Climate Center meet or exceed all customer service promises.
- Liaise with suppliers and any relevant industry bodies to promote / expand Climate Center services
- Promotion of the Climate Center website
- Train and coach Climate Center staff: arrange and facilitate as appropriate.
- Mentor key members of staff through personal development programmes.
- Identify horizontal market / added value opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Proven experience selling air conditioning or refrigeration products
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with strong numerical skills
- Future thinking, ability to identify new market opportunities
- Experience in influencing and motivating teams across a branch network
Wolseley is FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with excellent reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.