About Wolseley UK
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Working in a small but busy team, our Engineering Technicians contribute to the attainment of departmental goals; ensuring products are manufactured to the highest standard and to customer’s specifications. You will be responsible for programming, setting and operating to produce component parts from drawing to a high standard.
- Perform and plan machine shop tasks, reviewing work orders, engineering drawings, materials, specifications and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Maintain specifications by observing measurements, detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, and adhering to quality assurance standards
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions appropriately
- Maintain work area; ensuring equipment follows prescribed health and safety procedures
- Perform inspection of machined parts, including documentation of results
- Complete and maintain paperwork for parts
- Assist in other work areas
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Perform all other duties, as assigned including workshop product assembly & testing, warehouse and stock control.
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Flexible life and health benefits
- Sharesave scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
- Experience of CNC vertical milling, manual milling & lathe turning
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and achieve required tolerances
- Experience with Dugard (Siemens Sinumerik) operating systems, or similar
- TIG Welding experience or similar if possible
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.