About Wolseley UK
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
The Project Delivery Manager holds responsibility for the delivery of the service offering to all customers (internal and external) for the Off-site solutions provided by Wolseley UK Fabrication and Modular Engineering working closely with the WUK blended business sales and key accounts management team and VAS Development Director. This role focuses upon management of off-site service contracts that have been secured via the business development, estimating and WUK sales and Key Accounts team.
- Maintain and deliver project control documentation and systems through a secured project life cycle.
- Interface with manufacturing personnel, purchasing personnel (etc.), on material status and production planning issues for the flawless execution of projects;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered;
- Track and analyse projects’ performance, expenditures, procurement and report about any possible or current blockers, risks, overflows, deficits;
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Track and analyse project performance, cost performance, schedule and report to the management on the changes project scope, project schedule, and project costs, being able to suggest the improvements to all the above;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation;
- Provide accurate and quality customer service and information for all inquiries via phone, fax, mail or e-mail;
- Demonstrate communication proficiency, time management, thoroughness, and technical capability;
- Proven project management experience
- Experience with project management, quality/continuous improvement initiatives and manufacturing practices
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office application (Word, Excel, and MS Project)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organisational skills, especially in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own work group
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Demonstrate responsiveness, tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and confidentiality in communications with all levels of personnel, clients, and outside vendors.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with minimum of direction; solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Mechanical/building services background
- Proven experience in project coordination in a fabrication environment;
- Experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management;
- CAD Experience;
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.