Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
To develop and achieve sales, gross margin targets and operational excellence for a specified geographical allocation of Customers for the branch and network together with the consistent implementation of Company policies and procedures. To inspire, lead, motivate and develop colleagues to achieve outstanding performance.
- To identify and develop new and existing major accounts to maximise the growth of sales and margin
- Maximises sales, GP, growth and cash flow by effective debtor management
- Develop and implement plans to deliver maximum sales and achieve profit targets for specialism
- Ensure outstanding customer care through customers, branch and network
- Supports the branch network
- Ensures effective communication levels are implemented and maintained
- Ensure that appropriate technical information is provided to staff, to avoid duplication, and to improve effectiveness
- Encourage and develop cross brand and cross division relationships where opportunities are presented
- Support regional teams/ branches on training, targets, and terms within the branch and network
- Liaise with marketing/ category management on new products and literature
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Flexible life and health benefits
- Sharesave scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
- Exceptional sales and customer relationship building skills
- Proven sales experience within the industry
- Exceptional communication skills with strong responsibility and accountability for delivery of a business strategy
- IT literate
- Good understanding of competitors, and their limitations
- Ability to identify and understand business opportunities, and to build long term relationships with customers on this basis
The closing date for this role is 14/02/18
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.