Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The UK business is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
To develop and achieve sales, gross margin targets and operational excellence for a specified customer base together with the consistent implementation of Company policies and procedures. To grow and develop targeted customer accounts
- Receive pricing / tender enquiries from customers, branches and the sales force
- To liaise with the sales manager / sales force to ascertain margin aspirations
- To look for opportunities to switch specification to more profitable products that still provide a like for like product.
- To price the quotation accordingly
- To present the quotation to the customer in a timely and professional manner
- To be responsible for finding if the quote has been won or lost
- To have a “must win” mentality to all pricing opportunities
- To support colleagues as and when required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- To attend where required any training and development programmes requested by the Company
As well as providing competitive salaries, we offer an impressive range of benefits including:
- Paid holiday entitlement of 23 days rising to 25 days after two years’ service
- Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Flexible life and health benefits
- Sharesave scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher Scheme
- Excellent staff discounts and voluntary benefits including gym membership and retail discounts
- Proven sales experience
- Proven experience in the plumbing and heating industry
- Exceptional communication skills
- IT knowledge and skills
- Deep understanding of competitors, and their limitations;
- Ability to identify and understand business opportunities, and to build long term relationships with customers on this basis;
- Ideally a great understanding of Wolseley Centers businesses
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.