Other information: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive Salary
Reference #: 126918
This exciting role will involve managing the demand profile and supply of a range of products across various suppliers within the Infrastructure branch network to ensure that product availability and inventory value are maintained at targeted levels and excellent customer satisfaction is achieved. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the inventory management and business improvement initiatives in relation to these suppliers and products.
- Achieve KPI levels of product availability and inventory value within the Wolseley UK Infrastructure network for a range of different suppliers’ stocked range of products.
- Manage statistical forecasts for a range of products, and additional ‘market intelligence’ forecasts, to ensure that product supply reflects branch and customer requirements.
- Manage the Inventory forecasting and planning system for the specified supplier product ranges through data management and exception reports, ensuring that items are introduced, expedited, de-expedited and managed out of the business as appropriate.
- Carry out and coordinate the support elements of the Inventory function: raising, receiving acknowledgment of, and expediting purchase orders.
- Manage & develop a number of suppliers, ensuring that they meet the requirements of Infrastructure, in terms of delivery OTIF measures and work with those suppliers to ensure that product availability and inventory targets are consistently achieved.
- Contribute to the development of the Inventory team through better use of Information Management tools, enhanced analytical approaches and increasing influence throughout the business.
- Contribute to an environment of continuous improvement of performance and processes within the Inventory team.
The Successful Candidate:
- PC literate with solid working knowledge of MS Office packages (predominantly Excel)
- Sound analytical skills
- Inventory management experience in a high SKU complex environment
- Knowledge of automated replenishment systems
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Business Objects
- Proven record of working with and developing suppliers
Wolseley is a FTSE100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. The company is organised into trading brands, serving distinct customer groups. The brands are market leaders with outstanding reputations for supplying professionals in the construction market.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pensions and rewards package.