To provide our customers, both internal and external, with technical & sales support on Commercial and Domestic products and service offering including:
- Providing support for quotations of goods sold within Wolseley’s product portfolio.
- Working within a team providing internal support of our external sales force and branch network.
- Working closely with our customers, suppliers and sales team on projects to provide an accurate and competitive proposal in conjunction with VAS and Wolseley’s preferred supplier base
- Supporting the team to achieve objectives
You will also be responsible for:
- Providing quotation/tenders and technical support to regional/nominated key accounts
- Closely working with customers to ensure accurate interpretation of requirements and offer solutions
- Closely working with external sales team to ensure competitive pricing strategy
- Promoting own brand/preferred supplier products and/or Value Added Services (VAS)
- Managing information on jobs via CRM (SalesForce.com) – i.e. updates to sales team on progress of jobs/tenders
- Liaising with preferred manufacturers/suppliers to offer a co-ordinated response to projects
- Negotiating project support/special pricing where required
- Working with suppliers on packages to offer customer the most accurate and competitive quote
- Attending training to ensure continuous improvement and knowledge of preferred product
What we are looking for:
- Self motivated
- Sound commercial awareness of Commercial Construction Industry
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong to Excellent customer service skills
- PC literate – Microsoft Excel especially, CRM package to be used – SalesForce.com
- Ability to work closely or within a team
- Product knowledge – Plastics/Pipe Fittings and Valves/Commercial Heating systems/Sanitaryware
- Experience working within projects office environment
- Project tracking experience – via media sources e.g. ABI
- Working knowledge of Luckins or relative engineering supply solutions
- Knowledge of the role of merchant within Mechanical Industry
- Experience with BIS BIM strategy/technology
- Proven sales experience in securing orders and projects
Wolseley UK is an operating subsidiary of Ferguson plc, a FTSE 100 company, and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. We build our businesses through the quality of our people – the excellent service they provide and their strong relationships with vendor and customers.
Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pension and rewards package.
Wolseley UK are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.