About the role
Based at our Fabrication & Modular Engineering facility in Basildon, Essex you will report into the Operations Manager on site and will be responsible for tracking and managing various projects, assisting in the definition of project scope and objectives as well as analysing projects’ performance, expenditures, procurement and report about any possible or current blockers, risks, overflows and deficits.
- Project Management/Planning Experience.
- Mechanical Engineering/ Building Services Background.
- Experience/strong understanding of Excel formulas.
- Experience with project management, quality/continuous improvement initiatives, manufacturing safety practices, and advanced proficiency with MS Office application (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and strong organisational skills, especially in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own work group.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Demonstrate responsiveness, tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and confidentiality in communications with all levels of personnel, clients, and outside vendors.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with minimum of direction; solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- pension plan
- holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- staff discount
- profit share
Today we operate Plumb, Parts, Drain, Pipe and Climate Center as separate businesses. We are working towards bringing every part of our businesses together to form one specialist trade merchant called Wolseley.
We are the UK’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant. Soon, our entire product range will be accessible under one roof. That means customers can easily reach all our products and specialisms, delivering on our promise of helping them achieve more.
Wolseley, and our above brands, are part of Wolseley UK, which is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributor of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers.
Closing Date: 20th August 2018